1 classic white cake mix
2 dollops sour cream
3/4 C water
3/4 C oil
1 small package vanilla pudding
2 pints blueberries, fully washed, dried, and stemmed
1-2 pints strawberries, fully washed, dried, and hulled; also sliced in half.
White frosting (yummy recipe below)
1. Grease a 9x13 pan and preheat oven to 350. Combine cake mix and pudding mix, and add eggs, sour cream, water, and oil. Mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
2. Fold in 1 1/2 cups blueberries. Pour into baking dish. Scatter 1 more cup blueberries on top of the batter (they will sink as the cake bakes).
3. Bake 350 for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
4. Frost cake when cool with white frosting, then decorate using blueberries and strawberries (or raspberries). Store in refrigerator.
Cheri's Vanilla Frosting Recipe
1/4 C softened butter
2 1/2 C powdered sugar
2 Tbs sour cream
2 tsp vanilla (preferably clear)
2 Tbs heavy cream
1. Beat butter until smooth and whipped
2. Add 2 Cups powdered sugar and beat.
3. Mix in sour cream and vanilla. After well mix, add remaining 1/2 C sugar, according to your taste preference.
4. Slowly add cream while mixing to get desired consistency.