Have you ever opened the fridge and wondered what you can make with all the random leftover ingredients you have filling all your Tupperwares? I have that moment at least once a week. Thankfully, this meal is a family favorite and our go-to leftover meal. We seem to always have rice, corn, and tomatoes on hand. Even if you don't, give it a whirl. There are no measurements for the chicken, rice, and corn because you just use what you have. Eyeball it to get it balanced so it's not all rice and very little chicken or a ton of chicken and little rice. However, I don't think you can really mess this one up.
Amazing Chicken Quesadillas
- Chicken, cooked and either shredded or cubed
- 1/2-1 cup Salsa
- 1 small can Tomato Sauce
- Tomato (1 or 2), diced
- Cheddar Cheese
In a large skillet over medium heat, combine chicken, rice, corn, salsa, tomato sauce, and tomatoes. Stir until well mixed and heat thru.
On a griddle, heat one tortilla. Sprinkle one half with cheddar cheese. Top cheese with chicken and rice mixture.
Here are a few tips:
- These make great leftovers for lunch (I know, leftovers for leftovers...isn't the point to get RID of it?). So make up a few extras and just reheat them on the griddle or in a toaster oven the next day.
- OR, don't make up extras and just keep the chicken and rice mixture on hand to cook some fresh for another meal.
- I think this needs to be modified, but I have never done it because my husband LOVES this meal. If I were to modify it, I think I wouldn't put in as much tomato sauce and would put in more salsa. Or maybe I would add garlic salt or just regular salt.
- You CAN make them in whole circles, but these are messy and we find more of the filling spills out when you cut them. Doing half circles just keeps more filling in.