2 (3 ounce) boxes Red Jello
2 (3 ounce) boxes Blue Jello
5 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1 1/2 cans (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
1. Prepare a 9x13 pan by coating lightly with non-stick spray.
2. RED LAYER: In a medium bowl, mix one box of red jello and 1/2 packet of unflavored gelatin. Add 1 cup boiling water and stir until dissolved. Poor into the 9x13 pan and refrigerate until set (30 minutes). Wash and dry your bowl so you can use it for the next layer.
3. WHITE LAYER: When the red layer is nearly set, prepare your next layer. In your mixing bowl, Dissolve 1 envelope unflavored gelatin in 1/2 cup boiling water. Next pour in 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk. Pour this mixture into a measuring cup with a spout (for easy pouring) and cool to room temperature. May speed up by placing it in the fridge for 5 minutes -- but not too long or it will start to solidify. When cooled, gently pour over the red layer. Refrigerate to set (30 minutes)
*Tip: Make sure the layers are completely set and the mixture is cooled to avoid the colors from running into each other!
4. BLUE LAYER: While the white layer is setting, prepare your blue layer. In your mixing bowl, combine one box blue jello and 1/2 packet of unflavored gelatin. Add 1 cup boiling water and stir until dissolved. Cool to room temperature, and gently pour over the white layer. Return to fridge to set (30 minutes).
5. Next do another white layer, and allow to set. Then followed by another red layer. Then white. Then finish with blue on top. You will be left with 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk. Remember to cool each liquid before adding it to your pan, and allow each layer to set before pouring the next on!