You know the “have a penny, leave a penny, need a penny, take a penny” theory you see by some cash registers? I’ve never been brave enough to actually reach in and use that money. But I don’t hold back at all when it comes to seeking and sharing tips and ideas, especially when it comes to parenting 🙂
So when my 4-week old baby started showing signs of Cradle Cap (that scaly flaky skin on top of the scalp), I figured it was time to try what my Mom did, you know, back in the olden days, and I’m so happy to find that it WORKED:
- Using a soft toothbrush, massaged olive oil into her scalp where the scales are. The brush should be soft enough to not bother your skin as you rub it gently on your cheek.
- As you massage the skin in circular motion, you will notice the skin starting to rub off.
- Let the oil sit on the skin for 5-10 minutes.
- Wipe off with a dry towel.
- Repeat in some areas if necessary.
- Finish by washing her scalp with baby shampoo.
I did it this morning and her head is perfectly beautiful again! Now, if I’d only known this for my 3 older kids when they were this age…